Thursday 28 February 2013

Task complete!

Today is the last day of my 'Egg Log'. Throughout February I have logged which hens laid each day, what time of day we found the eggs, and how we used them. I've found it an interesting process. There have been a few pleasant surprises - such as Lemon laying her first eggs - and I've started to spot a few patterns in what was going on which pleases me greatly.

At its peak we had 16 eggs sitting on our kitchen side waiting to be used (and with three hens laying it seems this is going to be a more common sight).



I'm going to leave the raw data on the Egg Log for a while (probably until I think of a better use for the space), but I have also decided to have a go at distilling all the information into info-graphic format. I've never done anything like this before - so watch this space. I'm going to need some time to think of different ways to represent the stats - and then even more time to acheive what I have in my head on paper!

In the mean time, I'm going to celebrate the end of the egg logging process with a little challenge for each of you readers. You have a whole stack of available data to analyse, extrapolate, stare at or ignore at your peril! The question is this:

How many eggs will be laid on the 4th March, and by which hens?

Answers below by midnight on 3rd March, and I'll contemplate the concept of prizes. Have fun :)



4 comments:

  1. 3! And I'm urging fizzy to produce one of them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two - Pepper and Lemon! (I play this game with two toddlers once a week. I'm usually too optimistic so I'm trying to be sensible!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'll let you know how they get on. I'm afraid though Chloe that Frog had already laid an egg today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, so the final result was three eggs! (None of which was laid by Fizzy...)

    ReplyDelete